Click on EVENTS tab for upcoming event information! Check out our NEWSLETTER and PUBLICATIONS tabs!
Brazos County, like many other Texas counties, is concentrating on growing a strong educational system and developing a strong economy that will prepare its citizens and its children for the 21st century. It is the home of Texas A&M University and the Fighting Texas Aggies.
You may read about Extension in the newspaper or hear us on the radio or TV. We are available for you. Come in, email, or call us today to attend an Extension opportunity or get more information on programming.
Meet the different program areas within Brazos County AgriLife Extension and Cooperative Extension Program:
Agricultural and Natural Resources are a vital part of the economy for farm and ranch based businesses. We assist with land owner education based on your issues and have programs including: Pasture & Grazing Management, Livestock & Crop Production Systems, New Landowner Education and Pesticide Training & Licensing.
4-H is an outstanding youth development organization of more than six million young people across America learning leadership, citizenship and life skills through various projects.
Family and Community Health or FCH offers programs to help your family in raising children, housing and environment, eating well, managing money, and all around staying healthy. The Brazos County Office proudly offers the following programs:
- Do Well Be Well with Diabetes (5-week diabetes self-management course)
- Wisdom Power Control Diabetes Management (6-week diabetes self-management course)
- Step Up Scale Down (12-week weight management program-available face to face, online, or hybrid)
- Walk Across Texas (8-week fun and fitness program)
- Food Manager Certification (1-day, 2-day, retesting, testing only, online proctoring)
- Food Handlers (2-hour face to face or online class)
- Cottage Food Business Classes (2-hour to learn to start your own home food business using the Cottage Food Production Law)
- Free Car Seat Inspections and Installations (Schedule an appointment to have your car seat installation checked)
- Strengthening Families Program (6-hour parenting available one on one or in a group session)
- Parenting Connections Classes (4-hour parenting class available one on one or in a group session)
- Dinner Tonight Cooking School (2-hour healthy cooking school)
- Can Now Eat Later (4-hour canning class)
FCH also offers Better Living for Texans (BLT) programming and is part of the SNAP Education program.
Master Gardeners and Volunteers are available for your lawn and garden planting questions. It’s just one more way to meet the needs of the citizens of Brazos County.
View our 2015 Highlights in the Brazos County Making a Difference document: